[Mailman-Users] ACK! Help! "Authentication Failed"

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Apr 24 18:24:28 CEST 2001

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 11:06:39AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> For some reason, starting this morning (because I adminned a list
> successfully last night), I cant log in to ANY of my lists
> (www.sunhelp.org/mailman/admin/<listname>) anymore for admin
> purposes.  I know this is affecting all of them, because they all
> use the same admin password.
> Running Python 2.1 and latest Mailman release. (2.0.4)
> Any way as the "mailman" user to reset the admin passwords?

Turns out that all the lists that are NOT authenticating are all
the lists that existed prior to my Python 2.1/2.0.4 upgrade; the
list that i added two days ago lets me in....

Did crypt() or something change in Python 2.1?  I'd been running
2.0 / MailMan 2.0.3 before.  Most of these lists have existed
since the pre-Mailman 2.0 days..

Bill

--
Bill Bradford