[Mailman-Users] Using a different user authentication method?

Paul D. Smith pausmith at nortelnetworks.com
Tue Apr 24 03:17:24 CEST 2001

%% J C Lawrence <claw at 2wire.com> writes:

  jcl> Note that you probably don't want to do this, as Mailman supports
  jcl> email authentication, which would result in the passwords,
  jcl> possibly to those sensitive intranet sites etc, being sent across
  jcl> the net in plaintext.

Most certainly we would disable that feature; I was already prepared for
that.  There is no need for password reminders, etc. since the existing
authentication infrastructure takes care of all of that stuff for us.
Thanks for the heads-up tho.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith at baynetworks.com>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools