[Mailman-Users] Using a different user authentication method?

Paul D. Smith pausmith at nortelnetworks.com
Mon Apr 23 18:59:05 CEST 2001

Does anyone have any pointers to readme's or FAQ's or howto's or old
emails or anything like that which might point me along the way to
replacing Mailman's current simple password based authentication
mechanism with a different, customized one?

I want to set up a Mailman server for our company, and one thing we have
which is really nice is a well-maintained, comprehensive user login
capability, complete with LDAP servers and SSL-secured tools to access
them.  Mainly it's used to control access to sensitive intranet web
sites, but it could easily be extended to provide authentication for
Mailman.  This would be at once more secure and easier to use for our
environment.

Any hints, pointers, directions, sample implementations, etc. etc. that
anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

 Paul D. Smith <psmith at baynetworks.com>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools