[Mailman-Users] Group write permissions necessary?

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Sun Apr 22 22:39:34 CEST 2001

Marc MERLIN (marc_news at valinux.com) said something that sounded like:
> Yes, as soon as  root or some other privileged user  runs a mailman command,
> config.db will  be owned by  a user other than  mailman, and your  list will
> stop working.

Silly question. Why don't the programs set the proper permissions and
ownerships? It seems that since it's stored in the Defaults.py that it
could do that.

> While it is  designed to fix a  different issue, if you  use the securelinux
> fix in contrib (see  your source tree), it should allow  you to remove group
> writeable permissions on dirs.

Thanks. I'll look into that.

Ciao,

--
Pug Bainter                                        |        AMD, Inc.
System Engineer, MTS                               |      Mail Stop 625