[Mailman-Users] Help request

Geert Altena geert at arago.utwente.nl
Fri Apr 20 15:57:13 CEST 2001

Quoting Clayton, Robert, <rclayton at aprisma.com>:
> I had the pipe in there. Still got the same result. This seems to be my stumbling block.
> In am also running Sendmail as the MTA. It is the latest and greatest version.

Is Sendmail using a SMRSH environment to run things? If so, have you
checked if the wrapper program is in the list of executables that
Sendmail is allowed to run? Refer to README.SENDMAIL in your source
dir.

Another thing to do would be to run /path/to/mailman/home/bin/check_perms
to see if all is okay.

> From: Philippe Rodriguez
> On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, Clayton, Robert wrote:
>
> > I am getting the following error.
> >    ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
> > "/usr2/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd tests"
> >     (reason: can't create (user) output file)
> >     (expanded from: <test-request at nmsl80.aprisma.com>)
> >
> >    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> > 554 5.3.0 /usr2/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd tests... cannot open /usr2/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd tests: Permission denied
> > 550 5.0.0 "/usr2/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd tests"... Can't create output
> I think you forgot the "|" before the command in your alias file : you
>  should have something like
>
> test-request:  "|/usr2/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"

HTH,

\Geert.
--
Geert Altena | Geert at arago.utwente.nl | Coffee, black, no sugar
      Finger for PGPkey : Diffie-Hellman 2048/0xC540C550