[Mailman-Users] Help on installing mailman on a RaQ4

Geert Altena geert at arago.utwente.nl
Fri Apr 20 12:39:54 CEST 2001

Quoting Ronald van Maanen, <ronald at rem-graphics.com>:

> Has anybody installed mailman on RaQ4 machine. Can somebody give me advise
> on how to setup the aliasses to work with it.

It's not as mucht the hardware that matters but the software that
runs on it. Most important would be the mailserver (or MTA). As
most modern systems use or understand Sendmail style aliases
the command "/path/to/mailman/homedir/bin/newlist <listname>" will
give you the neccesary aliases to put in the alias file (in most
cases /etc/aliases).

For more specific info you want to read the INSTALL file that comes
with the source and maybe the FAQ at http://www.list.org/faq.html
will be of help to you.

HTH,
\Geert.
--
Geert Altena | Geert at arago.utwente.nl | Coffee, black, no sugar
      Finger for PGPkey : Diffie-Hellman 2048/0xC540C550