[Mailman-Users] amount of users / mysql db

John Johannes.Egger at free.darkrealms.org
Wed Apr 18 15:32:18 CEST 2001

hi,

I've been using mailman for quite some time now- but what I'd like to know
is, what is the maximum amount of supported users?
I.e., if I would need a mailinglist with 500.000 users, and send one email
per week, would mailman be able to manage, or handle, this amount of users?
Is there anyone who handles a high amount of users with mailman? can you
guys tell me what your experiences are, what is the maximum amount of users
that you were able to manage, and so on?

secondly, if I have around ~500.000 email addresses in a mysql database
(perhaps with some additional personal information such as first name, last
name and so on), what is the easiest way to get all these users into the
mailman db?

best regards,

John