[Mailman-Users] Removing List-* headers?

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at InTechnology.co.uk
Tue Apr 17 17:11:45 CEST 2001

geert at arago.utwente.nl said:
> I agree that the MUAs are at fault here also, however, what if those
> header were changed to X-<something> headers? Most b0rken MUA would
> ignore them then and smart MUA could still make use of them...

Can't do that - if you did then they wouldn't match the RFC describing
them.  These headers are in to support a specific RFC - so they have a
real use, should be handled by MUAs (which if they don't deal with that
RFC should gracefully handle the excess headers), and cannot be
modified to fit broken MUAs.

	Nigel.