[Mailman-Users] subscription hiding

Jesse Kornblum jessek at speakeasy.org
Tue Apr 17 05:27:28 CEST 2001

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, KevinL wrote:

> I've had a request from someone I'm hosting a privacy-related list
> for, to disable the '/options/<listname>/<username>' functionality, or
> to at least make it such that people can't "probe" for addresses.  At
> the moment, I can tell whether a given address is or is not subscribed
> to the list by trying that url and seeing if I get a request for a
> password, or if I get a "user does not exist".  That seems mildly
> buggy - shouldn't it ask for a password regardless, and simply always
> fail if the user does not exist?

This is a fantastic idea, and to be honest, I would also like to see such
a feature implemented in v2.1. At the same time, however, this mailing
list is probably not really the place to request a feature. (We seem to
spend a lot of time talking about configuration issues rather than
hardcore programming...)

Feature requests would probably be better off on mailman-developers or as
an actual feature request on the mailman site on Sourceforge. The URL for
feature requests is:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=350103&group_id=103&func=browse

Good luck! Please let us know if you can get this feature working! :)

--
Jesse

   If that's all you think are you
   then that's all you'll ever be