[Mailman-Users] "Bad Names" that won't Unsub

Michael Deck deckm at themule.cleansoft.net
Mon Apr 16 15:09:27 CEST 2001

On Sun, 15 Apr 2001, S. C. Druding wrote:
> I just transferred a large mailing list to MailMan and it has picked up a
> few weird looking addresses.
> My list is an ANNOUNCE-ONLY list with no responding traffic. I use it to
> send out a Quilting Newsletter to several thousand subscribers.
>
> I don't seem to be able to delete them in the Admin. Controls area?
>
> Is there another trick to doing this?
>
> Some examples:
>
> "georgiesgirl "@thevision.net - can't get rid of that " in the center,
> should be georgiesgirl at thevision.net
>
> And then there are some others which default to "Digest" due to the error?
>
> Example: (this one insists on keeping the "digest" box checked)
> mpoletti at wfubmc.edu "marcy a.
>
> I cannot delete it and remove the "marcy a.    section.
>
> Thanks for any help and advice.
>

> Susan
>

> Susan Druding

I had this happen to me too, and I resolved it by going to the command line
with

  bin/remove_members listname '"georgiesgirl "@thevision.net'

The quoting is obviously a problem for the admin but not for the
command-line.

Michael Deck  **  deckm at cleansoft.com        **   Assessment

Cleanroom Software Engineering, Inc.         **    Training

Quality Improvement -- Cost Reduction        ** Consultation

tel. 303-494-3152  fax. 303-494-3026         **        Tools

http://www.cleansoft.com                     **  Development

ftp://ftp.cleansoft.com/docs                 **     Research