[Mailman-Users] Two "newbie" questions...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon Apr 16 15:52:09 CEST 2001

Good Morning,

  I am in the process of converting my site over from Majordomo to
  Mailman. In the process I have hit two snags that I can't figure out
  how to get around.

  1) When adding all the members, they are getting one password per
     list. This seems highly undesirable. Is there a way for a user, or
     preferably the site administrator, to synchronize their passwords
     for all the lists to be the same?

  2) How can I setup an umbrella list with the following features:

     1) The lists that it is an umbrella for only allow member posting
     2) The umbrella is moderated
     3) The umbrella posts through the lists once it is moderated *without*
        the need for the list admin for each sub-list to approve it.

     I was able to do this with Majordomo by just having the include
     files listed instead of the list name. I don't see how to do this
     with mailman.

  I appreciate any help in these matters and hope to be able to
  contribute more than just questions real soon now. (I'm already
  starting on a replacement for newlist that allows you to set more
  features at the start. Unfortunately I don't know python yet so it's a
  perl wrapper.)

Ciao,

--
Pug Bainter                                        |        AMD, Inc.
System Engineer, MTS                               |      Mail Stop 625