[Mailman-Users] Protection from autoresponder loop?

Gerhard Gonter gonter at maestria.wu-wien.ac.at
Sun Apr 15 22:36:05 CEST 2001

According to Steve Braker:
> [Autoresponder]
> So my question is this: if I move that list to a Mailman list, could the
> same thing happen?

Of course, there is nothing to prevent any software devloper to develop
idiotic auto responders.  If Mailman had an idiot-proof filter for such
things, someone would invent a better idiot to circumvent the filter.

>  Is there something  need to do to avoid it (other than
> educating subscribers, which doesn'tseem to work too well).

Mechanisms that put messages on hold when a sender already posted
more than N messages could help.

+gg

--
Gerhard.Gonter at wu-wien.ac.at  Fax: +43/1/31336/702  g.gonter at ieee.org
Zentrum fuer Informatikdienste, Wirtschaftsuniversitaet Wien, Austria