[Mailman-Users] Mailman and exim

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at InTechnology.co.uk
Wed Apr 11 15:14:38 CEST 2001

mpm at norwottuck.com said:
> I'm installing mailman (from tarball) on a debian woody system running
> exim.  I'm running into the "mail-gid" problem - exim complains that
> "Neither the  system_aliases director nor the address_pipe transport
> set a uid for local  delivery of..."

> I'm not a total exim newbie - I've mostly used sendmail. What gid
> should I use for this setup? Besides knowing that exim won't let you
> use  root, there's no guidance I can find for the group to use.

Its the gid you specified on the ./configure line - ie if you did
 ./configure  --with-mail-gid=exim --with-cgi-gid=www

then the gid you want is "exim"

That then needs attaching to the aliases director, or alternative skip
that stuff and go to
	http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman.html

	Nigel.