[Mailman-Users] digest messages ad infinitum

Rodeo Red rodeored at netstep.net
Fri Apr 6 18:32:29 CEST 2001

I'm having a real nightmare with a very long digest message that
originated with a mailman list on my website.

The list software was installed by the people who run my webserver and I
used it to start an e-mail list. I subscribed myself to the digest
version and it worked fine for about two weeks. Then the adminsistrators
of the web server did some kind of software upgrade and my site was down
for half a day. When it came back up I started getting the same digest
message every minute.

I unsubscribed myself but that didn't work. So far the techs at the
server have restarted the e-mail program on that server, moved my site
to another server,  and deleted the list from my site, but none of this
has worked. I'm still getting the same digest messages every minute and
this has lasted a week now.

I don't see how any of these things they have tried would even be
expected to work, since the messages are probably not originating from
the original list anymore. I don't know what the big deal is with
getting these techs to get their machines to stop sending me this
message. Any help would be appreciated- maybe with your help, I could
tell them where to look, and what else to try.

Here's the headers of the message: