[Mailman-Users] Mailman redundancy

Christopher P. Lindsey lindsey at mallorn.com
Wed Apr 4 19:47:16 CEST 2001

> Ok, so you then add the "domain" that is used for the mailing
> list to the sendmail.cw file or it's equivalent.... (domains I
> accept mail for).
>
> Would the secondary/third servers then then try to deliver
> it locally? That is where I get confused :-)

Yes.  The sendmail.cw file specifies which hosts should be treated
the same as localhost, so it would try to deliver.

The backup servers should not specify each domain in sendmail.cw; rather,
RELAY_DOMAIN_FILE should be used in your .mc file and populated with
domain names to queue.  If the MX records are right, it will only queue
until the primary becomes available.

Chris