[Mailman-Users] new version of command line tools

Cristian Prevedello plasma at ascensit.com
Wed Apr 4 15:19:47 CEST 2001

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 08:32:32AM -0400, Kevin McCann wrote:
> At 01:53 PM 2001/04/04 +0200, you wrote:
> >Greetings,
> >i've released a new version of mailman-cmd tools.
> >I've fixed some bugs, and added two features (values assumed by config
> >variables are printed in human readble form, there is a command to know
> >which values can be assued by variables).
> >
> >This package can be downloaded from
> >
> >ftp://chiara.dei.unipd.it/pub/users/plasma/mailman-cmd-0.2.tar.gz
>
> Hello,
>
> I installed the package but the mailadmin command fails:
>
> --------------
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/home/mailman/bin//mailadmin.py", line 11, in ?
>      import Mailman.MailList
> ImportError: No module named Mailman.MailList
> ------------
>
> mailadmin.py  seems to want to load the /var/lib/mailman library:
>
> -------
> sys.path.insert(0,'/var/lib/mailman');
> -------
>
> But I don't have that on my system. I do have mailman installed and it
> works fine.
>
> Any idea how to make your programs work?
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin

darn, forgot to mention it on the INSTALL file. (yes i know i should do a
configure script :)

Just change the path '/var/lib/mailman' to the path where your mailman is
installed.

Thank you for the report and let me know suggestions and improvments :)

plasma
--
Cristian Prevedello, Consulente presso Ascensit srl
plasma at ascensit.com, http://www.ascensit.com/