[Mailman-Users] Multiple domain lists

Tim Pepper tpepper at opensales.com
Fri Sep 29 19:20:59 CEST 2000

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> For a small number of domains with unique listnames - ie
> listname at foo.com & listname at bar.com being the same list is not a real
> problem to you, you can just set the domain name in the list config and
> things work correctly - including by the way http://www.foo.com/mailman/
> listinfo/ only listing the lists that match that domain.  This is

Can you do this such that if multiple domain names (eg: foo.com and bar.com)
point the same machine, that it will accept traffic on stuff to both
list at foo.com and list at bar.com?  I was thinking of changing a machine name and
don't want to hose all my existing users...want to continue accepting mail at
the old name, but hopefully have it going out from the new name.  One of the
posts in this thread made it sound like I can definitely control the name
outgoing mail appears to come from.  I just want to make sure a single list
will accept stuff sent to two machine names...

Tim

*  tim.pepper at opensales dot com     * Venimus, Vidimus, *
*  http://www.opensales.com         * Dolavimus         *