[Mailman-Users] Postfix Virtual Domains Problem

David Wilkinson davidw at cascade.org.uk
Sat Sep 30 12:33:24 CEST 2000

I'm having problems with Mailman 2.0beta6 running under a postfix virtual
domain.

With Postfix's main domain, everything works fine, but if I configure
Mailman to operate under one of the virtual domains I observe two problems:

- Mailing lists with 'member_posting_only' set will accept posts from anybody
- No list archives are created

The only difference that I can see in the configuration is that in this
case I have an entry in virtual_maps for the virtual domain which point to
a file containing lines of the form:

list at virtual.domain             virtual.list at main.domain

and then I have a mailman-owned alias file which has the usual:

virtual.list:            "|/home/mailman/virtual.domain/mail/wrapper post list

etc.

Mail does get distributed to list members as expected, but this extra level
of indirection seems to break member_posting_only and archiving.

Does anyone have Mailman working properly with Postfix? Any suggestions as
to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Dave W.

--