[Mailman-Users] Who admins this list?

Roger B.A. Klorese rogerk at QueerNet.ORG
Wed Sep 27 22:29:31 CEST 2000

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Dan Mick wrote:
> "If you've just installed Mailman, and mail isn't being delivered,
> do *not* post a question to mailman-users about it before you
> check the cron job that runs qrunner to verify that it is running;
> if it is, and you do post a message, be certain to say in the message
> that you've verified it, and how."

An explanation in very clear terms that SMTP never gets delivered
directly, and ALL actions require that the queues be run, should be
made.  My first read of the installation info inferred that queueing was
only used if initial deliveries to subscribers or processes failed.

--
ROGER B.A. KLORESE                                          rogerk at QueerNet.ORG
PO Box 14309		                                San Francisco, CA 94114