[Mailman-Users] mailman2.0beta6 and exim

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk
Wed Sep 27 10:32:31 CEST 2000

winter at PHYSnet.uni-hamburg.de said:
> The thing that does not work is that the admin notification never
> reaches its destination.

> Sep 26 23:22:06 2000 (30258) All recipients refused: host not found
> Sep 26 23:22:07 2000 (30258) smtp for 1 recips, completed in 0.056 seconds

Look in your exim log file - for me thats /var/log/exim/main.log but it
tends to vary between installations.

I would guess that either the sender address - <listname>
-admin at your.domain (and Mailman needs to be have been told the right
domain for the list), or the administrator recipient address cannot be
resolved by exim, so it is bouncing the message at smtp time.

Other points...
  - Make sure your MTA actually delivers mail correctly on your system
    before getting into mailman stuff

  - Make sure the MTA knows about all the list domains

  - Make sure you restarted or sent a kill -HUP to the running
    exim daemon - this will really bite you this way since the daemon
    may be using the old version of the config file with different
    set ups and maybe local domains whilst your exim config looks fine
    and works fine when you start up processes to test it.

	Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk ]