[Mailman-Users] Re: Quality Mailman documentation

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at beopen.com
Tue Sep 26 17:27:10 CEST 2000

    CK> Hello everyone, here I am.  I have been working on the
    CK> finishing touches for the v2 documentation and it is pretty
    CK> much close to ready.  We have been putting in increasingly
    CK> loud requests with our administration for permission to
    CK> release the new docs under the GFDL and we expect to have that
    CK> approval in time to release the v2 documents on the official
    CK> release date.

    CK> +++++ STOP PRESS Strangely enough, while composing this note
    CK> another message came in telling me that the AU administration
    CK> has given approval for release of the documents under the
    CK> GFDL: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html I guess we need to
    CK> hear from Barry now about implications for packaging &c.
    CK> +++++

I think given coverage under GFDL, and a "transparent" (in the words
of the GFDL) format, I'd be very happy to import the docs into the CVS
tree and distribute them with MM2.0.  Do you know what formats you
plan to release them in?

I've just pulled down the versions available on the website, and I'll
review for accuracy.  If you have newer versions, feel free to send
them to me.

Cheers,
-Barry