Quality Mailman documentation (was Re: [Mailman-Users] Getting a Subscriber List)

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Tue Sep 26 08:00:01 CEST 2000

David Champion: There's a note for you at the bottom of this email.

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000 22:12:44 -0700 (PDT)
Roger B A Klorese <rogerk at QueerNet.ORG> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
>> If you're serious about that, I can put you in touch with
>> BeOpen's business people.

> I am... not a blank or open-ended one, but a decent-sized one.  It
> would be helpful if the work could be done under the auspices of a
> non-profit, but not necessary.

An associatate of David Champion's, Chris Kolar has been working on
some rather good PDF and HTML based Mailman documentation.  You used
to be able to find it at:

  http://www.aurora.edu/~ckolar/mailman/

but that server appears to be down currently (no ping).  I found
that URL working from:

(which demonstrates a rather nice patch BTW) as documented in
David's post:

  http://www.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2000-September/005422.html

and his later commentary at:

  http://www.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2000-September/005430.html

I don't know if Chris Kolar is free to release/publish/donate the
work he's done to date (likely for the university), and I don't have
an email address for him.  Either way, its certainly something we
could do worse then model after.

David: Can you help dig up Chris Kolar and some chance at that
documetnation here?  As I recall, it was well written and certainly
deserving of a wide(r) audience.

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
---------(*)                               Other: coder at kanga.nu
http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/        Keys etc: finger claw at kanga.nu