[Mailman-Users] ** Same person on several lists -eliminate du plicates?

Brian Beers bdbeers at digiscents.com
Tue Sep 26 00:29:29 CEST 2000

> There's really
> no way for a list server to carry state to deal with something like
> this, and arguably, it shouldn't even fi it could.

I have worked with commercial packages that you could do that with.  They
cost in excess of $50K.  They have the user list stored in a database common
to all lists in the partition (a partition being something that limits the
visibility of the databases).  The particular package was UnityMail, however
it is a monster to administer and I would sooner gnaw off my right arm that
to suggest that someone use it.