[Mailman-Users] openbsd and mailman

ppruett ppruett at webengr.com
Mon Sep 25 13:29:21 CEST 2000

mailman and openbsd and ports........

I got it up and running on openbsd using the latest
cvs tree, since I own my
small business,
and have to keep busy to make payroll, we never seem to
have much time to spare
unfortunately....
I would like to make a port,
but for now I may have to put it off - regrets,,,
Unfortunately I have to do things like
help a customer build a Microsoft Access database to
do labels -yuck- and another to do a php script pages, etc...
and somehow make payroll..,
and I know if it wasn't for
opensource I couldn't be in business at all
but at the same time it's so hard to find the
time to contribute - its a problem for all is small isps
oh well - a little cheese with the wine...:)
that being said here is the next steps I could do.

I need to read-

http://www.openbsd.org/porting.html
"So you've just compiled your favorite software package on your OpenBSD
machine and you want to share your effort by turning it into a standard
port. What to do?........."

And after I created the tarball for the port I'd email ports at openbsd.org
with the location.... and then peer revision I think....

But I wonder, I just tried to make "hylafax" and the openbsd port
said no do to security issues, I wonder if mailman would make
it through the audits,

well back reducing the email inbox,
thanks for the input
-paul