[Mailman-Users] Problem with DNS alias

Anton Deguet anton at cs.jhu.edu
Fri Sep 22 15:12:40 CEST 2000

Hello,

I installed Mailman 2.0b5 on a Linux box with sendmail and apache.   The
workstation <name1> is a server with a DNS alias <name2>.  The web
server uses virtual host and the mailman web pages are on
name2.mydomain.edu.

I have configured the file ~mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.pi with:
DEFAULT_HOST_NAME   = 'name2.mydomain.edu'
DEFAULT_URL         = 'http://name2.mydomain.edu/mailman/'

Web pages look fine and <name1> never appears, which is what I want.
The little configuration problem I have is that e-mail sent from my
mailman server are "To: list-name at name1.mydomain.edu" and not
"list-name at name2.mydomain.edu".  When a user have to send a
confirmation, the reply-to has a similar problem (i.e. <name1> instead
of <name2>).  This is a little bit confusing for users.

My questions are:
- Is there anything else to do with mailman?
- Is my problem "sendmail related"?  If so, any help is welcome, I don't
know anything about sendmail.cf.

Thanks,

Anton

-- Computer Integrated Surgery Systems Technology --
-- Anton Deguet ------------- anton<at>cs.jhu.edu --
-- Office NEB 26 ------------------- 410 516 5261 --