[Mailman-Users] Re: Retrieving moderator password

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Thu Sep 21 19:40:13 CEST 2000

At 10:16 AM -0500 9/21/00, David Champion wrote:

>Lists have admin passwords.  Subscriptions have subscription
>passwords.  Nobody has a user password.

On the other hand, users should have a user password, and a set of
subscriptions and admin permissions that password allows them to
access. But that's a different discussion.

>Mailman doesn't have the infrastructure now for associating passwords
>to specific people.  That's too bad, but it will get there.  It's not a
>dumb system, it just in development.

Exactly. It's a system that works great in some environments, not so
great in others. And it keeps getting better.
--
Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui at plaidworks.com)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq at apple.com)

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"