[Mailman-Users] Re: Retrieving moderator password

David Champion dgc at uchicago.edu
Thu Sep 21 17:16:02 CEST 2000

On 2000.09.21, in <MM.969548352.15287.solva at ifi.uio.no>,
	"Thomas Gramstad" <thomas at ifi.uio.no> wrote:

> I know _my_ admin password of course.  I don't know _his_.
>
> Like I said, he lost his password.  If it's really true that his
> password is the same as mine, then I guess the only problem is a
> lack of security...

Lists have admin passwords.  Subscriptions have subscription
passwords.  Nobody has a user password.  If you set "your admin
password" after he set "his", that's probably how he "lost" "his".

Mailman doesn't have the infrastructure now for associating passwords
to specific people.  That's too bad, but it will get there.  It's not a
dumb system, it just in development.

--
 -D.	dgc at uchicago.edu	NSIT	University of Chicago