[Mailman-Users] Retrieving moderator password

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Thu Sep 21 16:46:20 CEST 2000

At 4:31 PM +0200 9/21/00, Thomas Gramstad wrote:
>  >> my lists!?  Is this really true??  I find it hard to believe that
>>>  someone would actually design it that way purposely... huge bug...
>
>>  oh, no, no. See, if you have 25 lists, you should have, at least on
>>  mailman 1.x, 25 passwords.

Each list subscription is independent. It's something that works for
some sites, doesn't for others. Switching to a one account per server
setup would simplify this, and it's on the TODO list somewhere (or at
least, it's one mine). It also requires seriously re-architecting the
back end of this.

>But that's insane.  If this were the case, any normal person would
>set them to the same.

and the smart ones would ignore them, and only get the password they
need at the time they need it... (grin)

>I don't think that's the case:

iwth 2.x, it is. Each subscription to each list is independent of each other.

I'm actually designing a database schema for a subscription system
for another project; once it's done, the relevant parts can be
released for use by Mailman.
--
Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui at plaidworks.com)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq at apple.com)

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"