[Mailman-Users] X-Complaints-To: header breaking mail-to-news

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Thu Sep 21 06:37:55 CEST 2000

One of the local ISPs has started adding an X-Complaints-To: header
to all of the outgoing mail through their system.  My inn 2.2.2
news machine would reject gatewayed postings thinking the user was
trying to dummy up the header.  I'm currently stripping off the
header in the MTA transport that feeds the messages to the
mailman wrapper, but am wondering if Mailman shouldn't remove
the header on all messages it processes (or at least in those
handled by ToUsenet).  Any downside?