[Mailman-Users] funkiness after reboot/clock loosing time

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Thu Sep 21 06:12:56 CEST 2000

At 11:12 PM -0500 9/20/00, jordan wrote:
>ok i've seen posts about this in the past but never recall
>seeing a solution.  i'm running mailman v1.1.  there was a
>power outtage not too long ago and the box shut down.  for some
>reason the clock doesn't retain the date/time, haven't figured
>that one out yet.

man setclock.

you need to set the unix date, then run setclock to update the hardware clock.

I finally just put a crontab entry onto my box to run setclock once a
day s I wouldn't have to remember.
--
Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui at plaidworks.com)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq at apple.com)

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"