[Mailman-Users] Passwords for bulk-added users

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Tue Sep 19 19:18:13 CEST 2000

At 10:10 AM -0700 9/19/00, Jonathan K. Cohen wrote:
>I have just transferred 150 users over from Majordomo to Mailman. using
>the "bulk add" textarea in the web admin interface. The problem is, none
>of the users now has a password. Without passwords, the users can't modify
>their service or remove themselves from the list.

they have passwords, they just don't know them. So I'm assuming that
when you bulk loaded, you turned off having the "welcome" message
sent, which would have sent them their password.

I'd suggest you run the script that sends out the monthly "you are
subscribed to, this is your password" message, which'll give them the
information they need.

Passwords are, FWIW, random, so there's no way you can get them this
info any other way, unless they each go to the page and have it
re-sent to them manually.

--
Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui at plaidworks.com)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq at apple.com)

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"