[Mailman-Users] Postponing delivery.

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at west.sun.com
Tue Sep 19 08:56:41 CEST 2000

=
<Dan.Mick at West.Sun.COM> said:

>     DM> Actually, you could easily do that, since messages aren't delivered
>     DM> except by qrunner; just set up qrunner to run once a day.
>
> I was interested on the opposite situation... So I presume that if I
> want to run the queue immediately after the message arrives I have to
> call qrunner somewhere, right? The cron job does call it once every
> minute. Where can I put a call to qrunner to have it sending messages
> as soon as they arrive?

I've never tried it, but I suppose you could replace the call to
"post" from the sendmail aliases file to a script which first calls
"post" and then calls "python ~mailman/cron/qrunner" (with the
appropriate expansions).

I suppose also it might be possible to hook that right into
the post script itself.