[Mailman-Users] Footers not appearing in messages.

alex wetmore alex at phred.org
Mon Sep 18 16:35:19 CEST 2000

Are you sending messages that are HTML formatted (or otherwise use
MIME)?  The footer gets tacked on past the end of the MIME portion of
the message, and won't be shown by most email clients.

On my list I use a tool (http://www.phred.org/~alex/stripmime.pl) to
remove all MIME from my list messages.  Most importantly this insures
that everyone can properly read the messages and that the archives are
not polluted with MIME/HTML.  Secondarily this insures that every
message has the footer.

alex