[Mailman-Users] ? changing default admin settings

Margaret Callinan p_powers at eudoramail.com
Thu Sep 14 20:39:43 CEST 2000

I would like to change 2 default settings on the
list admin web page. According to an earlier
message I saw in the June archives, it looks as though it's not possible to set the default for "Archive Messages" to NO. Is that still true?

Also, I would like to restrict postings to
list members. The comment in the Default.py:

# Make it 1 when it works.
DEFAULT_MEMBER_POSTING_ONLY = 0

seems to suggests this also isn't possible. I tried adding an entry to the mm_cfg.py anyway,
but that didn't seem to help.

Does anybody know if these options are configurable? Thanks,