[Mailman-Users] Re: User control over newlist?

Scott Brown scott-brown at home.com
Tue Sep 12 23:23:19 CEST 2000

I'm not sure where you're coming from with this...

At least, in theory, I should be able to trigger a
"/home/mailman/bin/newlist <params> immediate" (if the permissions are ok)
from a cgi backend, and capture the output, to parse out the required names
(or error)... but it seems to me that adding to the /etc/aliases or
/etc/mail/virtusertable (and then running the appropriate commands to reinit
sendmail with the new aliases) will require root priveledges which arent
available to the nobody/nobody account that apache runs in.

Is there something that I've missed along the way?