[Mailman-Users] external archiver query

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at West.Sun.COM
Tue Sep 12 03:58:33 CEST 2000

This question has nothing to do with Mailman; you may get an answer,
but it seems like you'd be better off asking about mhonarc (I refuse
to try to remember the correct capitalization) or Apache, since
one of those must be the problem.

> Howdy,
>
> I've just done a fresh install of 2.0beta5 on a Sparc running Solaris
> 2.7.  I'm trying to use MHonarc as my archiver, as follows:
>
> PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER  = '(/usr/local/bin/mhonarc -quiet -tidxfname
index.html -add -nolock -umask 023 -outdir
/usr/local/mailman/archives/public/%(listname)s)'
> PRIVATE_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER  = '(/usr/local/bin/mhonarc -quiet -tidxfname
index.html -add -nolock -umask 023 -outdir
/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/%(listname)s)'

> The problem is that the MIME type on attachements is getting set
> incorrectly:
>
> balance:~ ] lynx -head -dump http://server/mailman/private/test/jpg00000.jpg
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 19:57:31 GMT
> Server: Apache/1.3.12 (Unix)
> Connection: close
>
> If I copy the attachment outside of the mailman directory, the MIME type
> is correct:
>
> balance:~ ] lynx -head -dump http://server/jpg00000.jpg
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 20:12:26 GMT
> Server: Apache/1.3.12 (Unix)
> Last-Modified: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 20:06:42 GMT
> ETag: "28f05-d4ec-39bd3b52"
> Accept-Ranges: bytes
>
> Is this a bug, or do I need to move the archive directories outside of
> the Mailman heirarchy?
>
> Thanks...
>
> PeeWee
>
> --
> email: peewee at scc.mi.org - useless: http://www.scc.mi.org/peewee/ - efnet:
Pwe
> I said you were a state of mind, I believe. I said that if you ran very
swiftly
> and were acceptably violent, you would be admired. - "The Era of Great
Numbers"