[Mailman-Users] Mailman message size bug? - How about Python 1.6?

Thomas T. Veldhouse veldy at veldy.net
Mon Sep 11 19:48:38 CEST 2000

I just noticed that nobody has really seemed to address this problem of
"lost attachments 50K +" and them hanging the list.  I have noticed that it
seems to happen for the versions of mailman deployed under FreeBSD 4.x.

I was wondering if anybody has compiled mailman against Python 1.6?  Did
mailman still function as expected?  Did the above mentioned bug seem to be
fixed?

I use FreeBSD 4.1, postfix-19991231 patch level 8 - and of course, Python
1.5.2.  I have had to remove my Mailman implementation and go back to
majordomo because this aweful bug was causing me to manually kill qrunner
because it hangs on anything bigger than about 50K.

I am willing to tryout patches or any ideas somebody may have :)

Tom Veldhouse
veldy at veldy.net