[Mailman-Users] bugs/complaints: text reformatting & badly placed <form>

Darxus at ChaosReigns.com Darxus at ChaosReigns.com
Fri Sep 8 22:02:56 CEST 2000

In order of decreasing importance:
(version is 2.0beta5)

1) "welcome_msg" mangling:

Apparently some kind of "intelligent" reformatting is done on the
welcome_msg as it is sent out:  adding carriage returns after some column
number, and apparently merging short lines together.

In my welcome_message, I have a 74 line email, including a gpg signiture.
It totally mangles the formatting so that it looks ugly, the text will not
match the signiture, and the signiture is mangled enough that gpg doesn't
even realize it's there.

2) "info" mangling:

The description of this field tells me it will be parsed as html, but then
goes ahead & assumes I don't know how to write html, and inserts <br>s at
the beginning of every line, messing up my html.

3) Badly placed <form>:

I added an html form to my "info".  For some reason, the opening <form>
tag for subscription form (<MM-Subscribe-Form-Start>) is up above where
"info" is placed, so everything got messed up, and I had to manually move
<MM-Subscribe-Form-Start> to line 33 to fix it.

4) And on my list, which I'm not archiving, it is providing a link to
non-existant archives (which I'm going to edit out now).

I appreciate that mailman is flexible enough to allow me to fix #3 & #4.
What's the easiest way to fix the other 2 ?

--
http://www.ChaosReigns.com