[Mailman-Users] search engine? archiving old messages?

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk
Fri Sep 8 10:48:26 CEST 2000

sclark at rwii.com said:
> Can a search engine be hooked up to a mailman email archive?  Would I
> be exploring new territory to attempt to do so, or have others blazed
> a trail?

In contrast to Mr Lawrence I am using the inbuilt pipermail archiver
with htdig, which seems work passably well.

You *do* want to add this patch which prevents the indexer indexing the
tables of contents and other cruft which then gives you lost of false
positives on searches.
 http://sourceforge.net/patch/index.php?func=detailpatch&patch_id=100867
&group_id=103

An example of this form of configuration can be seen at
	http://www.exim.org/

- follow the Mailing Lists link
	http://www.exim.org/maillist.html

	Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk ]