[Mailman-Users] Mailman b5 lockup

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Tue Sep 5 09:47:27 CEST 2000

At 3:35 AM -0400 9/5/00, Ron Jarrell wrote:

>There's about 80 gazillion timeout settings in sendmail, all of
>which default to Big Numbers
>if you don't tweak them; and it also defaults to dns validating
>every address it's given.
>If your sendmail usage doesn't match that profile, adjust sendmail!

Ron, how do you have yours configured? I'm curious -- I use sendmail
to send out really huge lists with very little configuration or
problem. But I'm always interested in new techniques. Wanna share
some? Unfortunately, just saying "fix sendmail" is like telling
someone who's looking for a tune-up to go rebuild their own engine,
when they aren't even sure how to do a tune-up in the first place...

--
Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui at plaidworks.com)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq at apple.com)

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"