[Mailman-Users] I broke mailman

Tim Sailer sailer at sailer.itd.bnl.gov
Tue Sep 5 06:04:55 CEST 2000

I've done something on my system, and now mailman doesn't work,
and I don't have a clue what I did, or how to fix it. I keep
getting the following errors over and over again:

Sep 05 00:03:02 2000 (2657) Delivery exception: read-only character buffer, NoneSep 05 00:03:02 2000 (2657) Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/HandlerAPI.py", line 82, in do_pipeline
    func(mlist, msg, msgdata)
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Hold.py", line 173, in process
    if mlist.require_explicit_destination and \
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 1213, in HasExplicitDest
    addr = string.lower(addr)
TypeError: read-only character buffer, None

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?

Thanks,
Tim

--
 (work) sailer at bnl.gov / (home) tps at buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
      "The courage to imagine the otherwise is our greatest resource,