[Mailman-Users] Cannot access error

ksbae ksbae at cpu.snu.ac.kr
Sat Sep 2 13:08:42 CEST 2000

I found the soluntion in the previous mailing list archive.

But, it did not need to change /home/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py

Sincerely,

                      Kyun-Seop Bae
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 16:42:31 +0800
From: Ganbold ganbold at gate.pmis.gov.mn
Subject: [Mailman-Users] Re: Forbidden access error - Que?

Solution is:

in <IfModule mod_alias> of Apache conf:

Alias /pipermail/ "/home/mailman/archives/public/"

<Directory "home/mailman/archives/public">
Options FollowSymLinks
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

And in /home/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py

in Line 539: where the definition of  open_ex(,mode='r',) function.

Put 'a+' instead of "r"
Now it's archiving and I can browse it from web. Hope this helps.

regards,
Ganbold