[Mailman-Users] weird problems; a cry for help

Barry A. Warsaw barry at wooz.org
Mon Oct 30 19:42:28 CET 2000

> Erk.  I think this is a Python bug; I think it should not
> treat '% d' the same as '%d'; but I'm having a hard time
> discovering anything formally specifying the format of a
> 'printf-like string interpolation function of the % operator'
> in the Python documentation; any help appreciated.

http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/typesseq-strings.html

But I agree, this behavior surprised even me!  But in fact, the
documentation says the % operator mirrors C's printf formats and "% d"
is a legal format (it means precede positive values with a blank).

So it's surprising, but intended behavior.

-Barry