[Mailman-Users] I can't get subscription response mail.

Xiao Bing xiao.bing at oztime.com
Sun Oct 29 07:49:40 CET 2000

I have installed a mailman system on RedHat6.2 OS.
I want to test it.So I sent a subscription request to it.
Then I receive a msg like "Listname-- confirmation of subscription -- request 770815".
I reply the msg according to it's confirmation rules.
But I received a response msg like this:
This is the Postfix program at host dev.oztime.com.

below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

For further assistance, please contact <postmaster at dev_oztime.com>

delete your own text from the message returned below.

The Postfix program

<oztime_tech-request at dev.oztime.com>: Command died with status 2:
    "/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd oztime_tech". Command output: Failure
    to exec script. WANTED gid 500, GOT gid 99.  (Reconfigure to take 99?)
I have reconfigured mailman since I have read some advice from install manual.
 % python -c'import os; print os.getgid()'
->I got user "mailman"'s gid(500).
This should print out the group id that mailman should
 be configured to expect when the mail wrapper programs
 are run.  Call it "thegid".  Rebuild mailman with
 % ./configure --with-mail-gid=thegid
->I thegid should be user "mailman"'s gid(500).
->99 is nobody.
But still no use.What 's the reason?Who can help me?
                                                            Jack