[Mailman-Users] Feature request

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Sat Oct 28 03:30:52 CEST 2000

At 12:22 PM +1100 10/28/00, Bek Oberin wrote:

>Attachment stripping, for when stupid twits send images through
>the list (Yup, I know about the size limiting, it'd still be a
>nice feature by itself).

I use demime for that. it'd be nice to be able to define whether to
allow mime parts and what mime parts to allow (or disallow).

<http://scifi.squawk.com/demime.html>

>The ability to put members on moderation individually, as well as
>putting the whole list on moderation.

you can already do that. privacy options page, "addreses always held
for approval"

>Persistant cookies, so I don't have to log into the damm
>thing every time I start the browser.

we've played with this stuff, and I guess this might be an option.
I'd *also* like it so that if I log in via the site password (as
opposed to a list password) that I'm validated to the entire site.
Right now, I have to log in iwth the site password to each list,
which if I'm an admin run through everything to discard the spam,
gets really tired...

>Thanks to the developers for a GREAT program, BTW.  I just
>upgraded from 1.1 to 2.whateveritis with NO problems at all.  I
>was anticipating major nightmares and hiccups and it just dropped
>in brilliantly.  I am VERY impressed!

I'm bringing my new server online as I type, and so far, it's been
painless. If it ever finishes, I'll have finally retired majordomo...

--
Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui at plaidworks.com)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq at apple.com)

Be just, and fear not.