[Mailman-Users] problems installing

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at West.Sun.COM
Fri Oct 27 23:12:55 CEST 2000

> > Have either of you checked other logs, like error?
> >
> /var/log/maillog shows this:
>
> Oct 26 15:47:00 www sendmail[9366]: PAA09366: to=<mdeza at tesora.com>,
delay=00:00:00, mailer=esmtp, stat=queued

> several times, one for each member of the list. stat=queued? Does this have
> something to do with the SMTP config?

I believe that just means that, rather than connecting immediately,
your sendmail has put the mail request on its queue (visible with
mailq).  I'm not 100% sure what all the reasons are for this;
perhaps "max number of sendmails already running" or something.
But it's worth checking to see if your sendmail ever sends those;
do something like "grep PAA09366" in /var/log/maillog to see what
the disposition of that message was, and/or look at the mailq output.
Perhaps your sendmail is gagging.

But either way, it looks like that message has been handed over to
sendmail; if it was a Mailman message, the problem's outside of
Mailman, most likely.

> /var/log/cron:
>
> mailman (10/27-22:07:00-14628) CMD (/usr/bin/python -S
/usr/share/mailman/cron/qrunner)
> mailman (10/27-22:08:01-14630) CMD (/usr/bin/python -S
/usr/share/mailman/cron/qrunner)
> mailman (10/27-22:09:00-14633) CMD (/usr/bin/python -S
/usr/share/mailman/cron/qrunner)

looks like qrunner is indeed running every minute, again pointing
away from Mailman.

> > Can either of you run qrunner under something like truss or strace?
> > (on Solaris, truss python ~mailman/cron/qrunner will run qrunner once under
> > system-call tracing, so you can see what it's doing)
> >
> > Running python -v ~mailman/cron/qrunner might be worth a try too
> >
> in my case, it seems normal, isn't it?

Yes, looks fine.  It should be noted, of course, that all qrunner
does is clean out ~mailman/qfiles; if nothing is there, the mail
has left Mailman's hands.