[Mailman-Users] Reply

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Thu Oct 26 16:41:24 CEST 2000

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 01:33:25PM +0200, Mico wrote:
> Hi, I'm a newbie and I'd like to understand how to set the mailman server
> so that any subscriber can reply to the mailing list JUST doing a simple
> reply and NOT a reply-to-all operation !

You _can_ do it by going to the General Options page and changing the "Where
are replies to list messages directed? Poster is strongly recommended for
most mailing lists." setting to "This list".

You _should_, however, almost certainly leave it as it is.  The settings
"Details" link has a little to say about this, but the major document that
I'm aware of on the topic is "Reply-To Considered Harmful", which can be
found at http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d- s+: a- C++ UL++$ P+>+++ L+++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+
!K w---$ O M- V? PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv b+ DI++++ D G e* h+ r++ y+