[Mailman-Users] New headers?

Dom Gallagher dgallagher at starnetinc.com
Fri Oct 20 17:31:07 CEST 2000

At 11:38 10/20/00 -0300, Jeff Warnica wrote:

>Upgrading to beta6 has caused there to be some new headers included in
>outgoing messages, List-Post etc..
>
>Is there a way to suppress these?

I asked this question a couple days ago. Someone suggested filtering at the
MTA level, which I didn't want to do, or editing the source (having never
used Python before, this was the lesser of two evils).

There's a file, [path to mailman]/Mailman/Handlers/CookHeaders.py that has
these headers in.
Either comment out the lines with the offending headers, or stick a del
msg['Header-Name'] in there at the end.

You need to recompile that, but I have no idea how to do that optimally - I
used the line from the Makefile:
python -c 'from compileall import *; compile_dir("[path to mailman]/Mailman")'

Hope this helps :)

Dom Gallagher