[Mailman-Users] Error with Red Hat 7.0

Joe Morris morris at unc.edu
Fri Oct 20 15:23:08 CEST 2000

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Stephanie Martinez wrote:

| I can't figure this one out.  I had everything working fine under 6.2.
|
| I upgraded my system to 7.0 and I get the following error message when I
| try to approve a pending email:
|
| If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy of
| this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what
| happened. Thanks!
|
| Traceback:
|
| Traceback (innermost last):
|   File "/home/mailman/scripts/driver", line 96, in run_main
|     main()
|   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admindb.py", line 97, in main
|     mlist.Save()
|   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 845, in Save
|     self.SaveRequestsDb()
|   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 93, in SaveRequestsDb
|     self.__closedb()
|   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 80, in __closedb
|     fp = open(self.__filename, 'w')
| IOError: [Errno 13] Permission
| denied: '/home/mailman/lists/seventh-guides/request.db'

Appears some permissions have changed.  Verify sendmail (or whatever MTA
you are using) is still using the same uig/gid.

I have Mailman running on RH70 and it works fine.

Joe Morris                http://www.ibiblio.org/morris
Web Systems Manager, ATN            http://help.unc.edu
UNC-Chapel Hill                      http://www.unc.edu