[Mailman-Users] Delivery exception

Peggy Callinan callinma at gse.harvard.edu
Fri Oct 13 18:44:50 CEST 2000

Hello,
I'm using MM2.06B on Solaris. I've been successful using SMTPDirect,
but have been trying to use our MTA, Innosoft'sendmail. When I then try
sending list mail, I get the followin message in the errors log:

 Oct 13 12:18:02 2000 (14411) Delivery exception: list.extend() argument must be a list
Oct 13 12:18:02 2000 (14411) Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/HandlerAPI.py", line 82, in do_pipeline
    func(mlist, msg, msgdata)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Sendmail.py", line 95, in process
    failedrecips.extend(chunk)
TypeError: list.extend() argument must be a list

 I've added the following entry in the mm_cfg.py:

 DELIVERY_MODULE = 'Sendmail'

 Anyone have any ideas what this error means or what I need to do?
 Thanks.
 Peggy

Peggy Callinan
Email: Peggy_Callinan at harvard.edu
Harvard University Graduate School of Education